Day 9 LIQUID CLEANSE - The world revolves around food ?



Day 9

Well I am still on the cleanse and for most part of the day it has been easy physically.

This morning we baptized a young man in Freedom Park. That was a fantastic experience and my energy never levels were normal and I was doing good.

By the afternoon I began to feel heightened euphoria and I went to Trader Joe's to get my supplies of coconut water spinach a couple of bananas and some peaches

In fact now my smoothies  ( despite being very thin) are beginning to feel too heavy to me. 

I'm considering getting a juicer and juicing entirely instead. I will still do the hot broths, because I like it's warmth and savoury taste. Though I will likely cut out the smoothies ... unless I don't have a choice and it's an emergency

This evening  I suddenly had a craving for chicken, and I just thought wow that would be so good! lol :)

Do you know what I've learned? In the past nine days, I've seen that a craving is like a wave .... it crashes and eventually passes.

This cleanse is practise in allowing that wave/craving to pass.

I just have to resist it for a short while before it fades away. It's like working a muscle that one doesn't often use vigorously.

I still do enjoy looking at food occasionally and chicken seems to be at the forefront of my mind! Especially chicken with the roasted skin! 

Good gosh, it's ridiculous how much of our attention food takes even if we have overcome physical hunger ... yet the mental fight is still there.

It takes a cleanse/fast to make you realize how strong a pull food has on us.

Truth is, we really don't need food 3 times daily, but it' becomes the ultimate addiction. 

Human culture thrives on food multiple time a day..... and if you can overcome that compulsion at least for part of the day ( perhaps only eating 1 main meal a day and a few little snacks or juices otherwise), I am confident it would result in a much healthier spiritual life.

I remain inspired by the testimonies I've heard from those on long-term juice fast

Despite some challenges, it feels SO GOOD to be on a cleanse.  There truly is a sense of growing bliss.

And I don't want to give up this blissful feeling just yet.

I noticed that I have been so busy overcoming these waves of mental cravings that I slacked on exercise. What a distraction!
 
Also I've noticed the cleanse does not feel complete without the Bible. 

When I spend too much time studying fasting journals I feel an emptiness in my spirit. And I find myself running back to the Bible to feel FULL once more.

Oh yes another tip is that assisting elimination is very very important during a cleanse. So many toxins are stirred up, but they need help to be evacuated from the body.  Be sure to have a herbal detox tea or a supplement such as Oxypowder or Cascara sagrada

Day 9 is almost complete 😊 Good night and God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ecstacy of Loving God

Day 11 LIQUID CLEANSE - Focus, Cut out Distractions

Write it Down, then Run with it!